Experienced Key West Lawyer Defends Tourists and Residents in Criminal Cases
Accomplished Florida defense attorney skilled in multiple areas of law
If you come to Key West for rest and relaxation but wind up being charged with a crime, you have more to lose than your vacation. As much as Florida appreciates the tourist trade, authorities are zealous about prosecuting anyone who might damage the state’s image as a vacation paradise. When you’re in jail hundreds of miles from home, it’s important to have a trustworthy lawyer on your side. I formed The Jamindar Law Firm in 2017 to assist visitors and locals charged with criminal defenses. With more than 10 years of experience, I have the necessary skills to vigorously defend you in court. Whether you face criminal charges related to DUI, drug crimes or any other misdemeanor or felony, I will work diligently to help you deal with the legal process and achieve a satisfactory outcome.
Aggressive criminal defense attorney doesn’t back down in court
When your freedom is on the line, you need a dedicated advocate on your side to provide competent representation. I have a reputation in Monroe County for being:
- Knowledgeable — With more than 10 years of experience, I’ve developed an in-depth knowledge of criminal courts. As an accomplished trial advocate, I will represent you effectively in front of a judge and jury.
- Dedicated — I take the time to work one-on-one with every client in order to create a thorough plan of action to defend them from criminal charges.
- Aggressive — Whether at trial or in settlement negotiations, I will aggressively protect your interests, taking advantage of every opportunity to have your charges reduced or dropped.
My careful, client-focused approach helps me understand the full implications of your case so I can defend you as effectively as possible.
Determined Florida attorney represents clients
I defend clients in a range of criminal matters, including charges of:
- Assault and battery — Even at an idyllic location like Key West, a dispute can escalate into a violent confrontation. If you’ve been accused of assault and battery or another charge related to a violent altercation, I can provide the robust defense you need.
- Domestic Violence — Violence between family members or romantic partners is a serious offense under Florida law, so you need to have a trustworthy domestic violence attorney on your side.
- Theft — I have experience assisting clients charged with a wide range of theft crimes, including larceny, robbery, armed robbery, fraud and identity theft.
- DUI — If you’ve been charged with driving under the influence, you may be facing thousands of dollars in fines, hours of community service or even imprisonment. With my 11 years of experience, I know the way these cases are prosecuted and can effectively defend you in court.
- Boating under the influence — Whether you’re boating on the open sea or in an inland waterway, it’s tempting to have a drink or two and relax. But if you’re the person operating the vessel and you’ve overindulged, you risk being charged with boating under the influence. This is a serious crime, requiring a vigorous defense.
- Drug crimes — Whether you’ve been charged with possessing, manufacturing or selling controlled substances (including marijuana, which is not legal for recreational use in Florida), I will defend you against drug crime charges.
- Traffic violations — If you face charges of speeding, reckless driving, operating a vehicle without a license or committing another traffic violation, I will fight for the charges to be reduced or dropped or seek leniency in sentencing.
- Juvenile law — I understand the unique issues that minors face in the juvenile law system. I always push for rehabilitative options that will not result in your child having a criminal record.
In addition, I have ample experience defending clients against weapons charges, internet crimes and violent crimes, including homicide. My experience with a range of criminal defense matters gives me the skills and resources to represent you effectively. If you are seeking expungement of past criminal records or post-conviction relief in parole and probation matters, I am happy to assist with those issues as well.
Contact a knowledgeable Key West, Florida attorney today for a free consultation
The Jamindar Law Firm in Key West is exclusively dedicated to defending clients in Monroe County, Florida against a range of criminal charges. To schedule a free initial consultation, call me at 305-204-6869 or contact me online. My office is conveniently located at 422 Fleming Street on the edge of the Key West Historical District.